IGCF-Giraffe chess G5 Match Rules and Regulations Revised as on 10-5-2023.
- Team: Each team consists of 7 players, 5 players play the match and 2 players are substitutes. Among 5 Players,one player act as a captain.
- Toss: In toss, toss winning captain may choose White side or black side.White side is called Scoring side and black side is called stopping side.
- Giant Giraffe chess Court: Entire Match played on a single Giant giraffe chess court by one after one.
- Match: One innings per side. Each team play one inning with white side and another innings with black side based on toss. Each innings consists of 5 games. In the first inning, one team play all 5 games with white side and the another team play with black side. In second innings, they change sides and play all 5 games.
- Win: .After playing both teams on white side 5 games, whoever team scored more Rands is declared as winner of the match. Target Rands fixed by the first played white side team. For Example In India vs Australia Match. First Indian team Played on white side and scored 6 Rands, next to win the match by Australia , that Australia has to play on white side and score 7 Rands. or else lost the match of the match.
- Play: White side team captain has to send players one after one to play their respective 5 games. If white side player win the game, he continue the next game to play till player out. Black side team captain has to send their players one after one to play on black side by seeing white side player.
- Scoring: If white side player win by 35 moves , he gets 2 Rands, If he win by 70 Moves he gets 1 Rand as score. If he out no score. Scoring for illegal moves:
9.Time control: Time control for each game is 7 minutes, without increment, In between each game 2 minutes game break and in between innings 10 min inning break should allowed to players.
For each game only 70 Moves permitted par side.
- Officials: Match organized by 4 officials. one scorer, one umpire for white side and another umpire for black side. And one match referee.
- Match Duration: 75 minutes par innings.