IGCF-Giraffe chess G5 Match Rules and Regulations Revised as on 25-1-2022.
1. Team: Each team consists of 7 players, 5 players play the match and 2 players are substitutes. Among 5 Players,one player act as a captain.
2. Toss: In toss, toss winning captain may choose White side or black side.White side is called Scoring side and black side is called stopping side.
3. Giant Giraffe chess Court: Entire Match played on a single Giant giraffe chess court by one after one.
4. Match: One innings per side. Each team play one inning with white side and another innings with black side based on toss. Each innings consists of 5 games. In the first inning, one team play all 5 games with white side and the another team play with black side. In second innings, they change sides and play all 5 games.
5. Win: .After playing both teams on white side 5 games, whoever team scored more is declared as winner of the match. Target score fixed by the first played white side team. For Example In India vs Australia Match. First Indian team Played on white side and scored 450 points in 5 games, next to win the match by Australia , that Australia has to play on white side and score 451 points in 5 Games or else lost the match of the match.
6. Play: White side team captain has to send players one after one to play their respective 5 games. If white side player win the game, he continue the next game to play till player out. Black side team captain has to send their players one after one to play on black side by seeing white side player.
7. Scoring: If white side player captures black side pieces he get points. For Pawn 4 points, for Rook 5 points, for Knight 6 points, for Giraffe 7 points, for Bishop 8 points, for Queen 9 points.
8. Scoring for illegal moves:
9. For every illigal 1 point with +30 seconds time awarded to the opponent . +30 seconds given to the player at the end of the 10 minutes time. illigal moves are not allowed. it is informed by umpires immediately and after correction only game continue.
10. Time control: Time control for each game is 10 minutes, without increment, In between each game 2 minutes game break and in between innings 10 min inning break should allowed to players. For each game only 70 Moves permitted par side.
1. White side player scoring system:
1. For Early checkmate and Early Stalemate win i.e. when white side player win the game by capturing any black pieces within 10 , he gets Full score i.e. 150 Points.
2. For Early crowning win i.e. when white side player win the game by capturing any black pieces within 10 , he gets Full score i.e. 100 Points.
3. For late Checkmate and Stalemate win white side player get Black captured pieces points + 57 points as a total score.
3. For late Crowning and Revenge rule win white side player get Black captured pieces points + 7 points as a total score.
4. If white side lost the game by 70 moves, he gets only captured pieces points as his game score.
11 No Resign: Resign is not accepted in the match. Player has to continue the game or leave the clock for time out.
12.Tie : At the end of both teams innings, if scores are equal, then less time user is the winner, still tie , then organize one super game each with 70 moves and get results
13. Revenge Rule 50 moves revenge Rule: includes within 70 moves. Last capturer is the winner
Officials: Match organized by 4 officials. one scorer, one umpire for white side and another umpire for black side. And one match referee.
14. Match Duration: 220 minutes which include 20 minutes innings break.
15. Titles awarded to the player based on points on each game.
For crowning wins continuously Bright Star-100 points, Blaze star-200 points, Pole star-300 points, Rock star-400 points, Great star-500 points.
For Checkmate/ Stalemate wins- Briilliant star-150 points, wise star-300 points, power star-450 points, Lead star- 600 stars, Super star- 750 points.
16. Timeout: 1.If Black side timeout, white side get full score 150 points.
2. If White side timeout, only capture score will get as score.